Why is IUI Performed?
IUI helps couples who are struggling with infertility problems by increasing the chances of conception. It can also be used in cases where the male partner has a low sperm count or poor motility, or when there is an obstruction in the reproductive tract.
- Low sperm count
- erection dysfunction
- Semen allergy
- Unexplained infertility
How long is the IUI process from beginning to end?
Intrauterine insemination (IUI) is a relatively simple fertility treatment that can help couples conceive. It involves inserting sperm directly into the uterus to increase the chance of fertilization. The IUI process starts with a medical evaluation and can take up to four weeks from start to finish (Same length of time as a regular menstrual Cycle).
- During this time, couples will typically have several doctor’s appointments and ultrasounds, as well as other tests and procedures.
- They may also need to take fertility medications or supplements to increase their chances of success.
- After all of these steps are completed, the actual IUI procedure of Sperm Insertion can be done in just a few minutes.
- Couples can take Pregnancy test in two weeks after Insemination.
What is the difference between IVF and IUI (intrauterine insemination)?
What are the steps of IUI treatment?
Ovulation: The procedure is usually done during a woman’s most fertile period, which is typically around mid-cycle when she is ovulating. It involves the insertion of sperm directly into the uterus, bypassing the cervix, to increase the chances of fertilization.
Semen sample preparation: To ensure successful IUI, it is important to prepare a high-quality semen sample. This process involves collecting and processing the semen sample in order to maximize its fertility potential. The process of preparing a semen sample for IUI includes washing, concentrating, and testing the sample for quality and motility before it can be used in the procedure.
Insemination: The process involves placing the prepared sperm into the uterus of the woman at the time of ovulation, thus increasing the chances of fertilization. This procedure can be done with either partner’s sperm or with donor sperm as well.
- Doctor will insert a speculum into vagina similar like Pap Smear Test, A catheter is inserted through Cervix into Uterus.
- Patient is advised to take rest for around 20 to 30 minutes after insemination for observation. If sperm fertilizes an egg and the fertilized egg implants in the lining of the uterus then pregnancy happens.
- In some cases, Progesterone is advised after IUI. It helps to maintain the lining of your uterus and can Improve the chances of implantation.
For More Insights and better Understanding the IUI Process it is always advised to consult a doctor Every person has different medical Conditions and A treatment is decided after a complete examination.
What do you do to prepare for IUI treatment?
- Speak with your doctor about the procedure, any risks or side effects, and what you should expect during the process.
- Make sure to follow any instructions given by your doctor regarding medications or lifestyle changes prior to the procedure.
- Have a support system in place during this time – talk to family members or friends who can provide emotional support and understanding as you go through this process.
- Take time to relax and focus on yourself before the procedure – practice mindfulness techniques such as yoga or meditation, or do something that brings you joy like
Before Starting an IUI Treatment a thorough medical exam and Fertility tests are performed
- A uterine exam.
- Ultrasounds of your uterus.
- A semen analysis.
- Screening for sexually transmitted infections(STIs) and other infectious diseases.
- Blood tests.
Doctors may recommend taking folic acid at least 3 months before conception
How painful is IUI treatment?
How many cycles of IUI do you try before IVF?
With access to
A 24-hour emergency service is available to assist you. If you need help, please call us and we will be there as soon as possible.