IVF : In-vitro fertilization
In-vitro fertilization (IVF) is a medical procedure that involves retrieving eggs from the ovaries of a woman and fertilizing them with sperm in a laboratory. The resulting embryos are then transferred to the uterus of the woman, where they can implant and develop into a pregnancy. If you are looking for the best IVF Centre in Agra then visit Shanvi IVF today.
IVF treatment has helped many couples overcome infertility issues and achieve their dreams of having children. It is one of the most successful treatments for infertility, with success rates ranging from 30-60%, depending on various factors such as age, lifestyle, and health. IVF treatment can be used to treat both male and female infertility problems such as low sperm count or blocked fallopian tubes. Additionally, it can also be used to help same-sex couples have children using donor eggs or sperm
Why is IVF performed?
- Blocked or damaged fallopian tubes: Fallopian tube damage or blockage makes it difficult for an egg to be fertilized
- Endometriosis: When tissue similar to the lining of the uterus implants and grows outside of the uterus.
- Low sperm count: Oligospermia a low sperm count, is a condition where a man has fewer than 15 million sperm per millilitre of semen.
- PCOS: Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) is a condition in which the ovaries produce an abnormal number of androgens, male sex hormones that are usually present in women in small amounts.
- Uterine fibroids: non-Cancerous growth of benign tumors in the uterus. Women in their 30s and 40s is a common age group where uterine fibroids may occur.
- Unexplained Infertility: In this type of infertility, no known medical cause has been found that could be the reason behind the infertility in the couple. Couples may have problems with Egg Quality, tubal Function, or sperm function that are difficult to diagnose.
How much time does the whole IVF process take?
IVF is a complicated process with many steps. In most cases, the IVF process takes about four to six weeks to complete. This time is required for ovarian stimulation, egg retrieval, to perform fertilization, embryo transfer, and finally the pregnancy test.
What are the steps of IVF treatment?
- Ovarian stimulation: Fertility treatment for women in which the ovaries are stimulated to produce two or three eggs, in the hope that one of these will mature to become suitable for fertilization.
- Egg Retrieval: Transvaginal ultrasound aspiration is used to retrieve eggs.
- After giving anesthesia or sedation to the patient, a needle is inserted through the vaginal wall to the ovaries. The whole process is guided by the ultrasound. The follicles are the liquid-filled sacs that contain eggs. The fluid in the follicles is sucked through the needle along with the eggs. This fluid is then sent to the IVF lab to wash it and retrieve the eggs from it.
- Fertilization: Once the egg and the semen are washed and ready, the fertilization process is performed in the lab. In this process, the egg and semen are fertilized to create an embryo. These embryos are then preserved till they are ready for transfer.
- Embryo development: These newly formed embryos are kept in the lab for about 2-3 days until they are ready for transfer to the mother’s womb. The embryo is kept for about 4-5 days in case of blastocyst transfer.
- Embryo transfer: Assisted reproduction in which embryos are placed into the uterus of a female with the help of a catheter with the intent to establish a pregnancy. This process just takes about 5 to 10 minutes and the patient can go home after that.
How to prepare for IVF treatment?
- Eat a healthy, well-balanced diet.
- Start taking prenatal vitamins.
- Maintain a healthy weight.
- Stop Drinking Alcohol, Stop Smoking, and Recreational Drugs.
- Reduce or eliminate your caffeine intake.
What is the success rate of IVF according to age?
- Women younger than 35 years of age: 40%
- Women aged 35 to 37: 27%
- Women aged 38 to 40: 18%
- Women aged 41 to 44: 12%
- Women aged Above 44: 3%
With access to
A 24-hour emergency service is available to assist you. If you need help, please call us and we will be there as soon as possible.