According to the Hindustan Times report on Infertility, around 10% – 14% of Indian couples are affected by infertility, and approximately 40-50% of cases are due to male infertility factor.
Infertility is a reproductive system issue that prevents a guy from getting a female pregnant. If a couple engages in frequent unprotected sex for more than a year and the female cannot become pregnant, one or both of them may be experiencing infertility problems.
According to NCBI Study on Males Infertility, 10% of couples still haven’t had a successful pregnancy after two years of unprotected intercourse, and 15% are still unable to conceive after one year.
What could be the possible reasons for male infertility? How to diagnose male infertility? This blog has covered all the essential details for all those searching for male infertility.
Moreover, if you are looking for male infertility treatment in Agra, fertility experts at Shanvi IVF Centre will assist you.
Male Infertility Symptoms
The inability to conceive a child is the main symptom of male infertility. There might be no other visible signs or indicators. However, in some circumstances, an underlying issue may result in signs and symptoms like:
- Problems with sexual function, such as the inability to ejaculate or ejaculate only small amounts of fluid, a decrease in sexual desire, or trouble keeping an erection
- A testicle-area lump, swell, or both
- Respiratory illnesses that recur
- Lack of smell
- Abnormal breast development.
- Fewer face or body hair or other genetic or hormonal abnormalities
- A sperm count that is below average
How is Male Infertility Diagnosed?
- History and Physical Exam
Your doctor will record your medical and surgical history. During the physical examination, your penis, vas deferens, epididymis, and testicles will be examined for any issues. Your doctor will check for varicoceles. A physical exam will quickly reveal them.
- Semen Analysis
You may need to take a lab test for examination of semen. It aids in determining the quantity and quality of sperm production. The results of the semen analysis tests assess your chances of getting pregnant.
- Transrectal Ultrasound
Transrectal ultrasonography may be performed to check for blocked or poorly formed seminal vesicles or the ejaculatory duct.
- Testicular Biopsy
A testicular biopsy may be necessary if a semen test reveals few or no sperm. The biopsy has two uses. It aids in determining the reason for infertility and can gather sperm for assisted reproduction.
- Hormonal Profile
The doctor could check your hormone levels. To find out how successfully your testicles produce sperm. Additionally, it can rule out serious health issues.
Male Infertility Treatments
- Surgery: There are many surgeries which can be done to treat various underlying conditions, such as Varicocele Treatments, Azoospermia Treatments, Microsurgical Vasovasostomy, and Vasoepididymostomy.
- Treating Infections: Antibiotics can be used to treat reproductive system infections. However, fertility is not permanently restored.
- Treatments For Sexual Intercourse Problems: In cases of early ejaculation or erectile dysfunction, medication or counselling might assist in enhancing fertility.
- Hormone Medications and Treatments: This treatment method may be used by your doctor if your infertility is caused by abnormal levels of a particular hormone or problems with how your body uses hormones.
- Assisted Reproductive Technology: Depending on your particular circumstances and preferences, ART treatments, like IUI, ICSI or IVF, may include acquiring sperm by surgical extraction, normal ejaculation, or from donors. The sperm are subsequently used for inserting sperm in the female vaginal canal or for performing intracytoplasmic sperm injection or IVF.
Male infertility is a common issue; there is no need to panic. Many treatments can help you become pregnant.
Consult the doctors at Shanvi IVF Center for the best male infertility treatment method. We understand the gravity of the situation and suggest the optimal treatment. Our doctors are very experienced and have a great success rate, and deliver the best male infertility treatment in Agra.
Connect with our fertility experts now to learn more.